Tuesday 2 June 2015

[#NulisRandom2015] Day Two - Lipstick


I have a very serious problem with a small, colourful tube called lipstick. The problem can be described as severe, chronic addiction to buy and use lipstick. The main symptom is, obviously, never, can not get enough of lipstick.

Out of a bunch of make-up things, why lipstick, you ask? Well, simply because it's the fastest way to dramatically change your appearance. Every time I feel my face is not in a good shape and very pale, a simple, quick smear of lipstick will definitely makes it better. It will give colour to your face, makes you look more alive and of course, beautiful.

My affection to lipstick started when I realised that past job required an adequate make-up, since it involved public speaking. I remember, I asked my mom back then on how to choose, and to use lipstick. She chose a pink Revlon Just Bitten Kissable series for me, and yes, that was my first official lipstick (after years borrowing my mom's to be worn in special occasions).

Since that, I paid special attention to lipstick. I always carry one of my lipstick in my bag. And I start to think that it's a must have daily items, because you won't know when the colour starts to disappear. I tried different shades: pink, red, a bit purple-ish, nude colours, you name it. Every time I went to a shopping mall, cosmetic booths definitely will be my destination. Whether I buy the product or not, I don't really care. Even doing window shopping on lipstick can really makes me happy. This gentleman even said that I visited the same make-up booth thrice a month, he's been counting. LOL.

Some shades I own, under yellow-ish lighting

Taylor Swift's phenomenal red lipstick brought this addiction into different way: I craved for a red colour that can perfectly suits me. And I told you: it's hard! Finding a nice red lipstick is kind of searching for the right guy for the rest of your life. Okay, that's superlative. But you know what I mean, it is that hard. Even up until now I don't think I have found the most satisfied one. You have to take your complexion, your natural lip colour, and so many things into account to find your perfect red.

By far I've tried different brands, from the affordable ones to the one that made me had to live like a beggar for several weeks. I don't have preferences on one particular brand, even though I have to admit that one gives you more moisture, one gives you longer lasting colour, etc. And yeah, I prefer matte finishing, because my big lips won't look that nice in glossy looks.

Six out of nine lipsticks I own now are Revlon, and I love them because they're really affordable. They also have a broad range of shades, however they're not lasting that long in my lips and sometimes I think the colour is not that 'pop out' even after several layers of application.

My YSL rouge pur couture is my precious treasure. The glamourous feeling is undeniable when you wear it, it has a slight nice smell of a very classy perfume when you open the cap. It lasts for around 8 to 10 hours, even after some foods and drinks. But unfortunately it is not really hydrating, so a lip balm is a must before I applied it.

I am currently in love with Rimmel, a UK brand cosmetic. The Lasting Finish Lipstick colours are said to be chosen personally by Kate Moss. It is also very affordable, however the range of shades is not that broad. It's quite creamy and I like the packaging.

Another current baby for me is Bourjois rouge edition velvet. My friend Monica introduced them to me, and I (as expected) could not help but to reach one of them from the Superdrug's shelf. It gives a very intense colour with full coverage to lips. It comes as a liquid with applicator, which Monica said to be the plus point for Bourjois as you can apply the colour more neatly. And as its name says, it feels like a velvet in your lips, which I like.

I have to admit that lips moisture is a key to have model-look lipstick appearance. Thus, I always put a lip balm before I go to bed every night. Brush the lips gently with toothbrush is also helpful for me, as it drives out the dead lips layer. And surely, gives a day break to your lips is a must, to let them breathe in the 'fresh air' without any barrier.

As I said earlier, I still couldn't get enough. My next targets are MAC Diva and Topshop lipstick collection. Bobbi Brown is definitely also on the list, but maybe later, after some savings.

xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment